Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I love conference...and conference parties!!!

I have this glorious tradition at conference time. You've heard of SuperBowl parties, right? Well, Hot Mama and I have Conference Parties! Usually we only have them for Sunday, but since both of our Hubbies were gone for Saturday, we decided that we would have another party on Saturday!

So, on Saturday, Hot Mama came to my house with her kids and an awesome conference packet! We scrapbooked and listened to conference while the kids did their packets. We were amazed at how well the kids payed attention and enjoyed their packets. We only had to pause conference a couple of times (Thank You TiVo!!!) And the kids watched both conferences! We had every kind of candy and yummy treats on hand for our munching delight. For lunch we had sandwiches and fruit salad. And for dinner we did a baked potato bar and more fruit salad! It was a wonderful feast of body and spirit!

On Sunday, I went to Hot Mama's house where we watched the 1st session of conference and then had our traditional lunch...Lil Smokies, meatballs, deviled eggs, 7 layer chip dip and more fruit salad (I made a very large one evidently). Then we watched the 2nd session of conference, but the kids didn't make it past the 1st 30 minutes, but they watched 6 1/2 hours of conference over the weekend! That's pretty awesome for kids ages 5,6 and 8! Anyway, I just loved the messages that were shared.

My favorite message was President Monson's address about enjoying the journey. It spoke so much peace to my soul that I am doing exactly what I need to do right now, be home with my kids and enjoy this precious time. I have a very strong opinion that kids come 1st, then whatever housework I do get done is just a bonus! I very rarely let my house get to the "thrashed" state, but when it happens, it's usually because I have been doing something amazing for or with my kids. What a wonderful blessing it is to see these little ones grow and progress!

Anyway, enough of the mushy stuff, I just had to share my joy. I found the blog of the woman who created the conference packet, she does a new one for each conference... so her's her blog address for next time!

http://coloroftheskyinmyworld.blogspot.com/

Hope you all had an enlightening and joyful weekend!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Thanks for a great weekend I had a blast like always love ya babe can't wait for the next conference party.