Monday, November 10, 2008

Our cool turkey decoration, and my new winter wardrobe!!!

Super Boy and I made this awesome turkey decoration today! We used his pumpkin from his field trip and some feathers I bought. We just punched 3 rows of holes and put in the feathers. Then Super Boy had the awesome idea to use the cat's ear from our Halloween pumpkin decorations for the turkey's beak! The I used a red feather for the turkey's thing that hangs down from his chin (warble? gobble? I can't remember what it's called!) We picked the brown eyes from the bear Halloween decoration for our turkey and VOILA! It turned out SO COOL!!! Take a look for yourself!
I also did some personal shopping today. I LOVE WINTER! I went to D.I. and hit the jackpot! Here's the run down and a slide show!

Brown Corduroy Jacket ~ $4
Black Dress Jacket ~ $12
Brown Top with Bow ~ $4
Red Sequin Top ~ $4
Magenta Scoop Top ~ $4
Yellow Button-up Sweater ~ $3
Gray Sweater ~ $3
White Fluffy Sweater ~ $4
Sage Green Zip Sweater ~ $3
Long Brown Skirt ~ $4
Short Purple Striped Skirt ~ $4
Short Gray Skirt ~ $4
---------------------------
Total ~ $53
New wardrobe for a skinnier body...PRICELESS!!!


4 comments:

Erka said...

Cool stuff! I miss DI in Utah! Here in WA it's not really worth it going there. One has a better chance at Salvation Army instead.

Shan B. said...

That turkey is sooo cool!! Good job on the new wardrobe. Some people just have a knack when it comes to D.I. shopping.

Shan B. said...

Hey, I tagged you. Go check out my blog for the rules.

Natasha said...

cute stuff i love the turkey im so jelouse