Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July and FREEDOM!

I know you may be thinking that I am talking about the freedom we enjoy as Americans, but I am really speaking of the freedom that I have for 2 weeks...Gma and Gpa took the kids to Cali!!! We have done some work in the front yard, but we have to wait until Monday to get a tractor to do the heavy duty stuff. We will be installing a vinyl fence eventually, and getting some concrete work done too, but for now we are focusing on the front yard getting tilled and ready for sod to be installed, hopefully this week or weekend sometime.


This top picture is of the shirts I bought for the rest of the fam...mine is red with blue butterflies and flowers. The next is Super Boy's feet next to mine when we were snuggling on the couch...much cuter in black and white than in color...trust me!

Anyway, on to the 4th of July. I really do appreciate the freedoms we enjoy and I do not mean to make a mockery of it. I love this country and everything it represents. I am particularly grateful to be able to worship how I please and vote on issues that affect me and my family. We had a friend take this picture of us on the morning of the 4th...Super Girl was not too happy, but at least she's looking at the camera!

We actually celebrated the 4th on the 3rd because the kids were going to be gone. We had Hot Mama's family over and did dessert and fireworks with them. We had a lot of fun and took a few cool pictures. The fireworks are really hard to get a clear picture, but I managed to get a couple cool ones that look better blurred anyway! But ZB, if you have any tips on photographing fireworks, I'm all ears!














I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July. God Bless America and all of you too!

2 comments:

ZB said...

Oh I think you did a fabulous job of photographing them. And that picture is darling. Who cares if supergirl isn't smiling..it's totally real! Love that. Can't imagine how wonderful it must be to be getting a ton done. Horray for Gma & Gpa. Let FREEDOM ring!

Natasha said...

yeah freedom from kids glad things are moving along. Love ya