Friday, July 11, 2008

Ok...I finally miss my kids...and other updates!

Am I a horrible mother? I haven't missed my kids until last night, that's almost a whole week!!!
The house has stayed cleaner than ever before, but it's very empty. I took a picture of Super Girl's cute, but empty, perfectly made little bed...

Anyway, I'm blogging to give you all an update. Our yard looks the same as the last post, but I think tonight that will change. I believe I convinced Tall Boy to replace our main water line to the house so we can have better water pressure and install fewer sprinkler zones. Less digging, less, putting together pipes, less work...sort of. So, I think it's happening tonight. I mapped out our whole sprinkler system in the past 2-3 days, so we just have to figure out our new water pressure so we can divide them into zones. I know... blah blah blah...BORING!

Ok, so for some more fun progress. I got to read a whole book in one day! My friend J recommended it. It's called Makeover by Shannon Guymon. I'm a fast reader, but it was a very easy read, it's 245 pages long. Anyway, I highly recommend it! It's a cute romantic story with tons of action and twists...you won't be bored, but you might be inspired!

Tall Boy and I have been having a lot of great together time. We have laughed, smiled, joked and flirted more in the past week than probably in 2008...sad...I know. But it's been great to reconnect and have some fun. we went to a really good Mexican restaurant that had cliff divers performing while we ate...it was very cool! then we went next door to the movie theater and saw Hancock. It was good. After we got home, we decided to take a ride around the neighborhood on the motorcycle! We had a blast. Almost every night we cuddle up and watch a movie or fall asleep...so nice!

For even more fun, I did a little bit of personal shopping and bought some really cute tops and tank tops for layering, a couple of scarfs that I can use for my hair or neck or a belt, some cute capri pants and one dress. The best part is that they were all on clearance (except the scarfs)!

Here's a slide show of the goods! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Erka said...

Wow, I loved, loved the new clothes! Where did you get them? I am going on a trip to Europe next month and my wardrobe is pretty pathetic. My bank account is on the pathetic side too, so bargin shopping is all I could afford now!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

believe it or not...WALMART BABY!!!