Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Potty Training COMPLETE!!! And my new guilty pleasure...

Yes that is right! Super Girl has been accident free for a week, and she shows no signs of ever going back to being a "baby with a diaper"! She has officially earned her potty elephant today!
In other news, I just discovered an awesome recipe that I had to share! I used to participate in a recipe blog, but I've decided just to include them here. There'll be a new label "Recipe" that you can click to see all my posts with recipes in them from now on!

The recipe I've discovered is kinda weird sounding, but delicious! The recipe is...

MICROWAVE POTATO CHIPS

I know what you are thinking...ewww...right? I thought the same thing, but thought, "why not give it a try?" I tried them and now I'm hooked! This is a very economical way to get your chip fix, and healthier too I think! Here are the instructions:

1 potato or sweet potato
parchment paper (or microwave safe glass plate)
cooking spray

Slice your potato using a thin slicer (you can even do it with a vegetable peeler) I use my salad shooter. Lay the potatoes in a single layer on the parchment paper. Spray with a light coating of cooking spray. Turn each slice over and spray again. Make sure none of the slices are sticking together, and put the potatoes in the microwave.
Microwave on high for about 5 minutes (mine are usually done after about 3-4) You should take the potatoes out immediately after they start to brown. They can burn easily and stink really bad when they burn (personal experience). Slide them off the parchment paper on to a cool plate or bowl and enjoy! I don't think they need any salt, but you can sprinkle a bit on right after they come out of the microwave if you want. I LOVE the sweet potato ones...mmmmmm... no dip or salt needed, just lucious! The following picture is the potato ones, they were slightly under-crisp, but still delicious!

Here's the sweet potato ones (and a few potato ones) they got slightly over done, but weren't burnt yet, and they were still delicious!

2 comments:

Stephanie T said...

Hmmm, I wonder whatever happened to that recipe blog???

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

it's still there, just neglected