Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pillowcase dresses and potty training...

My good Friend Hot Mama recently introduced me to pillowcase dresses (sorry mom if you have told me about them before, I didn't get it) I have been struggling with Super Girl to conquer the potty business. So my lovely mom made her a reward, a super cute purple & pink elephant puppet!
 

This has gotten her motivated, but has produced minimal results. So today, I was finishing up a bunch of dresses that I made out of left over fabric and some remnants I bought...and suddenly it hit me...these are POTTY DRESSES! Super Girl wears only the dress, no undies, no diaper! I have been waiting for warmer weather to do the naked butt potty training technique, but I can't wait anymore! So this morning when she had a dirty diaper, we were miraculously out of diapers! So the potty dress was initiated! Super Girl was SO MAD!!! She whined and cried for 1-2 hours, then suddenly stopped and told me, "I think I'm starting to do toots!" So we rushed into the bathroom and.....ta da!!! Poop and Pee in the potty! YAY!!! So here's the breakdown:

Fabric and ribbon for 11 potty dresses and 1 dress for me = $33.25 (that's about $2.77 per dress!)
Getting the most stubborn of children to pee and poop in the potty = PRICELESS!!!
Here are photos of the mass production that's been happening here for 3 days! I made my dress and 1 potty dress on monday. Then I made 7 potty dresses yesterday. And today I finished up with a respectable 3 more dresses! Enjoy!

All 11 potty dresses lined up in a row

My dress (the bottom half atleast!)

The 8 potty dresses made on days 1 and 2...
 
The 3 dresses I made today...

1 comment:

Erka said...

I am very impressed with your dress making skills! The dresses looked beautiful! I have spent $20/dress for simmilar ones.
I an glad super girl is deciding to be potty trained now! Life with no diapers is good!