Thursday, April 22, 2010

Super Boy's murals & birdhouse, and Super Girl's Easter Dress

Super Boy had a fun painting day yesterday. Ever since we moved in, I have been promising him he could do 2 murals on the white walls in his room. Yesterday I finally came through on that promise! He had the ideas of what he wanted to do for about 3 years now, so here are the pics!

This is his Football Mural: Colts vs Tigers, Colts ahead 99 to 0 with 3 min left in the 3rd quarter. They have just run a play to give them another touchdown. Super Boy is in the stands all the way on the left, holding a sign that says "Colts always win!" The black dotted line is the path the ball took on the play, and the black solid lines are the routs the players ran on that play. All of this he dictated to me 3 years ago, he stuck to his original plan! I only helped with the areas he couldn't reach, but the rest is all Super Boy's talent!
This is his Landscape mural. He has wanted this since we moved in to our last house 4 1/2 years ago! I kept trying to figure out a less-permanent way to get it done, and finally I gave in and let him use real craft paint! Hope he doesn't get sick of these murals any time soon! I do not want to start painting walls again!
The hand print is his signature on his artwork! He put his name and the date in black in the center of his red hand print.

Super Boy recently started Cub Scouts and has been begging me to put together a birdhouse since he read it in his book! So I finally gave in and we bought this kit. It is all glued, so it is still not finished, we had to wait for the glue to dry to add the embellishments.  The blue pieces go as trim on the roof and as decoration over the door in the yellow wall. The red are little perches that go outside the doors to help the birds get in. More pictures will come once it is finished. He painted everything himself (and even let his sister help a bit) I just cleaned up drippy spots and held while glue dried!

Now on to Super Girl. I made her Easter Dress again this year. I'm really trying to keep up the tradition my mom started when I was little. So this year I made this one...There are a few boo boos, but she really likes it! I also made a matching shirt and skirt for her favorite bunny "Tim" who wore her dress at the same time, so the matched and were super cute! Tim has since gone missing...maybe in protest to the outfit??? Anyone with information on the whereabouts of "Tim" the girl bunny please contact me! Super Girl is so sad anytime she thinks about "Tim" which is about once a day.

DRESS AND PURSE

UP CLOSE ON DRESS TOP
UP CLOSE ON PURSE

I will probably have another post for you tomorrow with Super Boy's first pack meeting and receiving his Bobcat. I might also post whatever other pictures I find on my phone (our camera was having issues, so I finally broke down and bought a new one. The pictures from today's blog were taken on the new camera. I have yet to download all the pics from the few months we were without a camera and left to use crappy cell phone cameras...)

Adieu until tomorrow....

2 comments:

kam said...

Nice job on the projects! Way to go!

Stephanie T said...

That is so neat of you to let him paint a mural on the wall. I would have been like here's some butche paper. Your a fun mom!
I love the dress and purses. Miss ya babe!