Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My New Life...Day 3

Well, I'm still alive! I am not even very sore which bodes very well for this new life of mine! I went to a water aerobics class last night and it was a workout! I thought for sure I'd be sore this morning, but I'm only a teeny bit sore in a couple of places. More good news, both the kids went to the kids club and loved it! Super Boy even asked to go back again today, so I will be heading out to the gym shortly so he can go before he has to be at school!

I finished chapter 1 of The Power of Positive Thinking and it will take some time to get through this book as well. The first chapter is called "Believe in yourself" and has 10 rules to follow to acheive this goal.

1: Form a mental picture of yourself succeeding and never let it fade. Never think of yourself failing, never doubt the reality of your mental image. Your mind will seek to complete this picture, so always picture success no matter how badly things are some moments.

2: Whenever a negative thought comes to mind, deliberately voice a positive one to cancel it out.

3: Do not build up obstacles in your mind. Difficulties must be studied and dealt with to be eliminated, but they must be seen for what they are. They must not be inflated by fear thoughts.

4: Do not be awestruck by other people and try to copy them. MOst people, despite their confident appearance and demeanor, are often as scared as you are and as doubtful of themselves. No one can be you as efficiently as YOU!

5: 10 times a day repeat Romans 8:31- "If God be for us, then who can be against us?"

6: Get a counselor to help you understand why you do what you do. Learn the origin of your inferiority and self-doubt feelings. Self-knowledge leads to a cure.

7: 10 times a day repeat Phillipians 4:13- "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." That statement is the most powerful antidote on earth to battle inferiority thoughts.

8: Make a true statement of your own ability then raise it 10%. Do not become egotistical, but develop a wholesome self-respect. Believe in your God-given powers and talents.

9: Put yourself in God's hands simply by stating "I am in God's hands" then believe you are receiving all the power that you need. Feel it flowing into you. Affirm that "the kingdom of God is within you" in the form of adequate power to meet life's demands (Luke 17:21).

10: Remind yourself that God is with you and nothing can defeat you. Believe that you now receive power from Him.

You can see why this might take awhile! But I already have positive news to relay! I cleaned the house yesterday, and my husband NOTICED AND SAID SOMETHING NICE! Wow...what a great day! 2 days in a row and no floods to speak of! Knock on wood as I hope for a 3rd blessed day! Take care!

1 comment:

Stephanie T said...

It's a good book. I hope you have fun working through it. You just gave me motivation to read it as a refresher.