Friday, February 13, 2009

Peanut Butter, New Truck and other fun

We finally bought a new truck! We took a week to look around, but we finally took the plunge and bought one. We got a 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 Diesel crew cab. It was the best value we could find. I told Tall Boy that we'll need a big bright sign on the gas cap that says DIESEL!!! Other than that I think it will be great! We made sure it would tow our new trailer (something we should have done with our suburban BEFORE buying the trailer...but alas, hindsight is 20/20) Anyway, it's here, it's loud, it's big, but it's fun too.
In other news, Super Girl is officially in love with PINK-A-BUTTER...peanut butter to the rest of the world. Her daddy thought it was a good idea to just give her a spoon and let her go at it. She used to get a pretty nasty rash, but that has changed, so she is diving into it...she loves to get the jar out herself and now (thanks to daddy's idea) she grabs a spoon too! I however have gotten her to accept some graham crackers and a small bowl for dipping instead...I know, I rock!

In other news, I am not doing well in weight loss. I have sort of stalled at 208.5. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I have only been to the gym once this year! I need to get a treadmill and start doing my yoga DVD's here at home. But as I have told some close friends, I feel like I've been in a fog for the past few months...I don't know what it is, but it's frustrating to have no energy or desire to do anything but sit at the computer or stay home doing nothing or sometimes doing a little housework. Anyway, I decided to try something new...I'm not much of a fad person, but I saw an opportunity to try something for REALLY cheap. I decided to try the Acai supplement to see if that could kick start my weight loss again. But when I was signing up for that trial, I saw a colon cleanse thing with it. So I decided to do that too. And when I got the colon cleanse, it had a body cleanse and green tea supplements with it. So I'm trying all of them for a couple of weeks. I don't know how I'll tell which one is working, but I'm desperate to get back on track. So I'll let you know if anything starts happening! Wish me luck...I REALLY NEED IT!

Take care and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TOMORROW!

5 comments:

Shan B. said...

Let me know about the acai & colon cleanse. I've been reading about it & want some real feedback before I do it. And hey, there's nothing wrong with a peanut butter spoon. I've done that since I was a kid. Brad thinks it's gross but sometimes it just takes the edge off. Protein, right.

Natasha said...

I hope they work for you let me know I to have been thinking about the colon clense and the whole body clense in fact sean and I both have. I hope something helps and you can get back to looking sexy again not that you never did but just even hotter than now. love ya babe

mandy said...

I fee like I haven't seen you FOREVER EVER! I hope all is well. I wish you luck with your colon and acai cleanse. We should talk sometime about all this stuff my dear. :) Hopefully all is well. The Peanut Butter was cute! Just hope that one doesn't have Samonella!

Stephanie T said...

You have been looking really good! So I wouldn't worry about your weight so much. Just get started again, even if al you can do is 10 minutes. Half the time I say okay I will just do a mile so at least I've done something but after the first 10 minutes it feels so good that I keep going. You can do it!
And you have our 30th Birthday trip to look forward too. You're still coming, right?

Erka said...

Congrats on the new truck! It looks pretty cool, and big and I can imagine it's loud too!
Yes, do tell how the colon cleansing thing goes too. I've thought of it once or twice myself as well, but never had the courage to do it. I think I might know how you feel about the lack of progress with weightloss. I often feel like I have to work sooooo hard to just lose so little and working out it's not so much fun, and it's hard and the results are not so apparent! I still haven't figured out how to keep myself motivated. Lately I have been thinking that instead on focusing only on weightloss, I will try and focus on the health benefits working out has and all the extra energy I feel like I have when I do so. Anyways, good luck and continue to share how it goes!