Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Salutations from Slackerville!

Ok, I know...total slacker. My last post was super easy and kinda a cheat cause I was sending out Christmas cards/letters anyway. So here's a real post! This is what I've been up to...
Yes...that's right...Christmas Shopping and wrapping are DONE!!!

That even includes all of our Neighbor Presents!


My note says "May your 'daisy' be marry and bright, and may all you truffles be a delight!"
Anyway, Christmas is done! Now I can relax and enjoy the snow (the whole inch we got last night) and the crisp air. And maybe, just maybe, I can get back on track for my weight loss goal! I haven't been wearing my body bugg very often lately. I also haven't made it to the gym very often. So, I'm scared for my next weigh in tomorrow, I probably gained some weight back, just how much I don't know!

I also have been dealing with some medical issues that have been exhausting physically and mentally. As soon as the weather got cold, my body wanted to go into hibernation mode...eat eat eat sleep sleep sleep. I have also had a very long and light menstrual cycle since October. So I finally went to my OB last Thursday for my yearly exam and to talk about those issues and my current medication. She had some concerns and did some blood work. I still don't have the results back...it is so frustrating and nerve-racking to sit and wait! I hope I'm back to my normal self VERY SOON!

I've slacked off so much that I haven't done my Thankful Thursday, so today I'm doing Thankful Tuesday!

I'm thankful for:
Being able to pay bills, buy presents, and reserve library books online! Family who make everyday life easier and more fun too! Friends who keep me on track emotionally, spiritually, physically and mentally. Doctors and medical insurance that allows me to make sure my body and mind are healthy and strong. TV shows that uplift and inspire. Jesus Christ, the TRUE reason for this season. The gospel of Jesus Christ for the hope, and guidance it provides me and my family. Plenty of food for my family, there are so many with so much less. A home that stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer and plenty of weather appropriate clothes to wear when we aren't in our home year-round.

I think that's all for today! Don't forget to check out our other blogs! Take care and enjoy this wonderful season of love!

2 comments:

Stephanie T said...

You might want to talk to your Dr. about PCOS. I have that and alot of your symptoms remind me of me. Good news is that as your weight gets under control so does your symptoms. Although it's kind of a catch 22 because your weight causes the symptoms too.

Let me know what she says.

Stephanie T said...

And congrats on getting finished with Christmas preparations!!! That is a major feat. Your neighbor gifts are super cute. I love how unique they are!