Thursday, August 21, 2008

Gratitude...

Today my heart is so full!!! I was working in the yard and I suddenly was so full of love and adoration for my beautiful family.

Super Boy's spirit is so pure, he has no malice toward anyone. He is one of the most tender boys I know and so super smart and inquisitive! He loves games and computers, technology of any kind. He also loves church and is a joy to have in my family.
Super Girl is a huge bundle of curiosity and energy. She needs to explore everything and figure stuff out for herself. Her spirit is so independent and vivid...you just can't ignore her unique personality. She loves animals and her brother. She wants to grow up so fast and do everything she sees us doing. She loves nature and exploration. She will be my challenge (to keep her out of major trouble) but also one of my greatest joys.
Then there is my husband. I adore him for making these beautiful souls with me. I love him more and more everyday for his role in our lives. He is a wonderful provider and fun father. I cherish the moments when we get to be "boyfriend and girlfriend" again...those are the best moments...free of life's pressures and responsibilities. Sometimes it's just a glimpse once a week, and others it is hours of precious fun!

Anyway, I'd better get back to work outside...what are you grateful for today???

4 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

What a great reminder to stop and give thanks!

ZB said...

Ah, I love moments like those. Hold on to them as long as you can!

Erka said...

Yes, I love those moments when you realize that despite all hardship, you have a wonderful family and you love them more than anything in the world! That's a lot to be grateful for! I need to remind myself about that more often!

Stephanie T said...

No kidding do I ever live for those special moments. We call it when we were "single". Which means married, but without kids. Where you get to feel 10 years younger and like there isn't 50 million things to do and you just get to be a couple and life slows down. Or at least it does until you have to take the babysitter home!