Monday, February 7, 2011

More fun stuff!

2 postings within a week?!? I know, pretty amazing. But I just had to share some fun stuff! This weekend we bought Super Boy his 1st rifle! SCARY!!! He and I will be taking a Hunter Safety Course starting Wednesday, and the shooting portion has to be done with a 22 caliber rifle. We didn't have one, and we have to provide our own, so we bought one. Super Boy and Tall Boy and I all went out shooting on Saturday. Tall Boy taught us how to steady the barrel. Super Boy and I both picked it up quickly and were pretty good shots! Sowe are ready for our course!

Also this weekend,I came across the cutest fabric and pattern for Super Girl's Easter dress this year. Only, it is a skirt and jacket. So I found a shirt (and some leggings just in case we have another freezing cold easter!) and got started today. i finished just a few minutes ago! I decided to make her outfit reversible so we could mix and match the patterns. It is SO CUTE!!! I still have plans on making a bag/purse to match and maybe even a bunny or other stuffed animal to go along with it. Here is the finished product with all the options!

Polka Dot Jacket with Gingham Check Skirt

Polka Dot Jacket with Flowered Skirt

No Jacket with Gingham Check Skirt
No Jacket with Flowered Skirt
 
Gingham Check Jacket with Flowered Skirt

Gingham Check Jacket with Gingham Check Skirt

3 comments:

Stephanie T said...

I don't know who thought it was a bright idea to give you a gun:-) But they better stay on Mama's good side!

Hmmm, let's see guns and sewing... You truly are a Super Mom!!!

Amber said...

cute, cute, the girl has got some talent!! ♥

kam said...

Nice work!!! Very cute dress! You've got some skills :) And the whole rifle thing?? that is one reason I am grateful to be all estrogen around here ;)