Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blogging the Midnight oil...

So I find myself staring at a computer screen at midnight (yet again) while everyone else is sleeping (and snoring). So I figured I could atleast post some new info and pictures for all of you who have been missing me!

So here's the latest:
Super Boy is 7! He had his "friend party on saturday between sessions of conference. He had a blast playing the same elephant bean bag toss game we played at his family party. The kids he invited were all so super sweet and fun. There was even a boy who lost a tooth that had been hanging on by a thread. He was only concerned that he didn't make a mess or cause any trouble! Anyway, thes kids all got him cool stuff like lego cars to build, brain bender puzzles (the wooden kind) and of course, TONS of ELEPHANT STUFF! We had red velvet cupcakes with white frosting and various toppings to make "Cyber chase cupcakes" as requested by Super Boy!

General conference was inspiring as usual. I loved President Monson's talk about temples and another talk (I can't remember who gave it) about choices. I have been struggling lately, but I'm doing better now. I have been so busy thinking about what my kids need and husband needs that I lost sight of myself. So I took some initiative and got a new haircut, new dress, made an appointment with my dermatologist, made an appointment to get new glasses, and have set up Fridays as temple day. I have also returned to my wednesday yoga class. It is always like feast or famine with me! So I am important again, I just need to find the right balance where everyone gets their needs met.

I have taken up a few projects too. I mentioned in a previous post about the dresses my mom and I made, but I don't remember if I mentioned the super cute and super secret flannel PJ's I'm making for my kids for Easter! I finished Super girl's today. I'll probably start and finish Super Boy's tomorrow(today) or Thursday. They will each have a short sleeve button up top, shorts and pants...here's pictures of Super Girl's. (Super Boy's won't have the girly rick-rack on it...don't worry)
I have also been having great luck shopping at my local DI for clothing and fabric. I found this really cute wrap around skirt that was HUGE! But I loved the fabric, so I bought it (2 yeards of fabric for $4) and just sewed it closed and cut off the excess for something for Super Girl...here's a couple of photos. It has a glitter to it too...so cute!

I also found a SUPER CUTE DRESS that I will be taking on a girl's only excursion at the end of this month. Some friends from high school who are all turning 30 this year are getting together in San Francisco for a much needed GETAWAY! We'll probably see WICKED and do some other stuff, but the better part of 4 days without kids! WOO HOO! GO ME! Anyway, so I found this dress and a bunch of belts that will look really cute with it, but I also found a SUPER CUTE pink courduroy jacket. I even found a perfectly matching belt for that too that I envision using as a headband! So here they are...

I took some REALLY BAD self portraits trying to show off my cute new do, I am only posting them so everyone can get an idea of my cuteness...I KNOW THEY ARE HORRIBLE PICTURES, so please don't waste your comment space to tell me so! Also, an interesting side note- these photos were taken within a total of about 5 minutes, so I can change my look quickly! FUN STUFF!


If you want to see a slide show of the friend party festivities for Super Boy, go to his blog and check out all the pics...

The snoring has died down, so I think I'll once again attempt the feat of sleeping...wish me luck!

3 comments:

Natasha said...

I love your super cute sexy stuff and can't wait to see them on you. Love the first pic of your hair that has to be the best shot.

Stephanie T said...

I think it is a sassy, sexy, DOOOOO! As in you DO work it girl!

Can't wait to see you in San Fran, or better yet the plane! Seriously, such a good idea!

kam said...

I think a girls get away sounds like heaven! So fun! BTW, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new "do", it looks terrific. AND finally....way to work the sewing machine girl!!! You are a woman of MANY talents :)